To be honest, I suck at posting to my various blogs in a consistent fashion. And with the various file types and storage options for documents out there, well, it was becoming more and more ridiculous to have to keep downloading conversation software just to maintain every scrap of writing I could from my past. Also, I'm too cheap for cloud based storage. So I figured I'd dedicate an entire blog not to my current musings and adventures, but to my prior contemplations. At this moment, I'm not entirely certain what I'll do with this blog. Maybe just post old writings with no explanations or perhaps provide introductory backpedaling to outdated personal opinions. At present? I haven't the faintest notion of what I'm doing. And frankly? I like it.

Saturday, November 16, 2013

'Rachel...' - Poem - March 2002



From the way I act around her

You’d think I don’t know her

From the way I talk about her

You’d think I’d want to hurt her

But from the way I think about her

You’d know I want to be a friend to her

A history has happened between us

But I hope there is now end

I remember once upon a time

When she acted really kind

As we were just kids

I was alone in a box full of sand

Then she came and sat down beside me

And didn’t look up with a sign of doubt

We started talking

And pretty soon we were laughing

We talked and laughed some more

And a strange thing happened

It never became a bore

But what happened long ago,

It seems like a faraway dream

Did I let her go?

Or did she plan a scheme

Somehow we stopped talking

But so there is no doubt

I miss those days

When I was all alone in a box full of sand

No comments:

Post a Comment