To be honest, I suck at posting to my various blogs in a consistent fashion. And with the various file types and storage options for documents out there, well, it was becoming more and more ridiculous to have to keep downloading conversation software just to maintain every scrap of writing I could from my past. Also, I'm too cheap for cloud based storage. So I figured I'd dedicate an entire blog not to my current musings and adventures, but to my prior contemplations. At this moment, I'm not entirely certain what I'll do with this blog. Maybe just post old writings with no explanations or perhaps provide introductory backpedaling to outdated personal opinions. At present? I haven't the faintest notion of what I'm doing. And frankly? I like it.

Saturday, November 16, 2013

'Unlucky Leprechaun' - Poem - March 2002



Leprechauns are so lucky

To live in such a place

Where gold and rainbows flow

It’s such a happy place

When you don’t worry about the morrow

Or what it might bring

But there is one leprechaun

That will never sing

And feels he is just a disgrace

Other leprechauns see he is really unhappy

But he has a golden mace

He swings over his head

Then drops it to the ground

And falls like he is dead

But none have ever found

That he is not dead

But silently sobbing to himself

Because he is full of dread


That he will not have any wealth

Of any sort

No girlfriend, friends, or life

That’s not all the reason he’s crying

But when he looks about

He sees, well, beautiful girls

And realizes he has no chance

So he leaves Ireland

And goes into a kid

But it seems his luck has run out

Because he is in a kid who has the same problems

But this kid goes to the dances

And he just sits there and sulks

His name is Chad

The Unlucky Leprechaun

No comments:

Post a Comment