To be honest, I suck at posting to my various blogs in a consistent fashion. And with the various file types and storage options for documents out there, well, it was becoming more and more ridiculous to have to keep downloading conversation software just to maintain every scrap of writing I could from my past. Also, I'm too cheap for cloud based storage. So I figured I'd dedicate an entire blog not to my current musings and adventures, but to my prior contemplations. At this moment, I'm not entirely certain what I'll do with this blog. Maybe just post old writings with no explanations or perhaps provide introductory backpedaling to outdated personal opinions. At present? I haven't the faintest notion of what I'm doing. And frankly? I like it.

Friday, March 21, 2014

'Not Excluded' - Poem - February 2003

I'm no longer excluded

from a world not quite so grim

I thought I was not needed

as I lived in the really dark and dim

but now I've got you

so beautiful and bright

and I don't know what to do

now I know I wasn't right

to give up in defeat

when I thought no one could love

someone plain and dry like wheat

then you came along, as innocently as a dove

are you sure you're not an angel

descended from high above?

I will forever hold this picture of you in my head

with your arms around my neck and your hands in mine

in a pink shirt and pajamas, your hair such a beautiful red

your looks are exquisite and your personality is fine

I'm glad my life could no longer be shabby


as long as I have my beautiful Tabby

No comments:

Post a Comment