To be honest, I suck at posting to my various blogs in a consistent fashion. And with the various file types and storage options for documents out there, well, it was becoming more and more ridiculous to have to keep downloading conversation software just to maintain every scrap of writing I could from my past. Also, I'm too cheap for cloud based storage. So I figured I'd dedicate an entire blog not to my current musings and adventures, but to my prior contemplations. At this moment, I'm not entirely certain what I'll do with this blog. Maybe just post old writings with no explanations or perhaps provide introductory backpedaling to outdated personal opinions. At present? I haven't the faintest notion of what I'm doing. And frankly? I like it.

Friday, March 21, 2014

'Thine' - Poem - June 2003

You get Goosebumps when I talk to you

Because you know my words to be true and pure

Your heart flutters when I hold you

Your world slows down just because I’m near

I will forever love you with all that I have

And I thank God that I found you

He knows I love you for all that you are

I will never leave you or hurt you

To do so would be going far too far

You hurt me for only a moment

When you said

You didn't know if you loved me

And it felt like I should drop dead

But now you've found the truth

Hidden deep within your heart

Trust me and love me and never let us be apart

And until we see each other again

I hope you get Goosebumps when I talk to you

Because you now know my words to be true and pure

I hope your heart forever flutters when I hold you

And our world slows down just because we’re near

Let me hold you when you’re sick

And nurse you back to health

Oh and just so you know

You’re the source of all my wealth

Let’s just sit here forever

Just slip your hand in mine

Look into my eyes while we kiss each other true and pure

Convince me in our kiss that I’ll forever be


Thine.

No comments:

Post a Comment